The West Virginia main website says that the state has a diverse economy, aerospace, research, business services, biometrics and chemicals. There are many public and government information security jobs available, including companies like:
- L-3 Communications
- KeyLogic Systems
- Northrup Grumman
- West Virginia University Hospitals
- General Dynamics
Computer Security Salaries in West Virginia
The Department of Labor in West Virginia, in conjunction with the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, has created a report for some of the common information security jobs in major cities. Here is a breakdown of some of this information:
- Statewide, Computer Systems Analysts earn $55,000 a year and the salary for Information Security Analyst is $61,000 annually.
- In the city of Charleston, Information Security Analysts earn $67,000 a year and there are 110 annual positions.
- In the city of Huntington, there are 60 annual open positions for Information Security Analysts and they earn $67,000 a year.
- In Parkersburg, Information Security Analysts ear $48,000 a year and there are 30 open positions annually.
When looking for computer security related jobs in West Virginia, computer analyst’s positions are also available with salary ranging between $52,000 and $62,000 annually, with a state average of $62,000 a year.